The following excerpt, taken from Skytop - An Adventure by Frederic W. Smith (1963), explains the original incorporation and the original Directors:
The certificate of incorporation of the parent holding company, "Pocono Hotels Corporation," a Delaware corporation, was filed in the office of the Secretary of State of Delaware on June 16, 1925, and in the office of the Recorder of Deeds of the County of New Castle, Delaware, on the following day. The certificate of incorporation of "Sky Top Lodges, Inc.," a Pennsylvania corporation, was approved by Gifford Pinchot, Governor of Pennsylvania, on July 23, 1925, and thereafter lodged with the Recorder of Deeds of Philadelphia and Monroe Counties, Pennsylvania, for record. Instead of wading into the shallow water of business gradually, as Mr. Watson had advised, the project was now poised on the high dive. I was hoping earnestly that it could stay afloat until it had learned to swim.
A Board of twelve Directors for each company was provided. The first meeting of both Boards was held August 22, 1925. The Directors who were elected and who were present at this meeting were (1) Charles N. Thompson; (2) Dr. Earl H. Mayne; (3) Charles D. Robbins, a friend, whom I had interested and who was a member of the New York Stock Exchange; (4) Samuel H. Packer; (5) George S. Beith, a friend of John Stubbs who was president of the New York Steam Company; (6) William C. Rowland, a manufacturer of Philadelphia, a Buck Hiller and friend of Charles Thompson; and (7) Frederic W. Smith. The other Directors, making up the Board of twelve, were representatives of the Corporation Trust Company and placed upon the Board to complete it in accordance with the requirements of the certificate of incorporation.
The following officers were elected for each company: William C. Rowland, President; Samuel H. Packer, Vice President; Frederic W. Smith, Secretary and Treasurer; Messrs. Thompson, Rowland, Mayne, Packer and Smith, Executive Committee.
Mr. Barclay White became a director in November, 1927, and is still an active member and Chairman of the Executive Committee. He was also President of Skytop Club for five years.
Mr. William W. Malleson, Jr. was elected a director in November, 1945, and is now Vice President as well as General Manager.
Mr. John S. McBride (Theatre tickets in New York), a director from November, 1926, to 1930.
Mr. John S. Clement of Philadelphia (President of San-dura Co.), a director from November, 1928, to April, 1956.
Mr. Anthony G. Felix (an officer of The Pennsylvania Company), a director from November, 1934, to Janaury 20, 1958.
Mr. Frank M. Hardt (a Vice President of Fidelity-Philadelphia Bank and Trust Company), a director from November, 1931, to 1943.
Mr. George W. Felter (President of Greenpoint Savings Bank, Brooklyn, N. Y.), a director from November, 1931, to 1947.
David B. Skillman, Esq. (an attorney of Easton, Pennsylvania) , a director from November, 1935, and still serving upon the Board.
Leon G. Godley, Esq. (an attorney of New York), a director from November, 1935, to October 3, 1962.
Mr. Harry L. Derby (former President of American Cyanamid & Chemical Corp.), a director from April, 1941, and still serving upon the Board.
Mr. George L. Russell, Jr. (President of John B. Stetson Company in Philadelphia), a director from November, 1942, to March 4, 1947.
Mr. Lewis R. Close (President of Lehigh Valley Coal Co.), a director from August, 1949, to March 7, 1957.
Mr. Jacob C. Myers, Jr. (Howe Richardson Scale Co.), elected a director in December, 1956, and now serving upon the Board.
Mr. Harris F. Smith (President of Aero Chemical Products Corp.), elected a director in November, 1958, and now serving upon the Board.
Mr. Robert G. Dunlop (President of Sun Oil Company), elected a director October 3, 1962, and now serving upon the Board.
Mr. Frederic O. Hess (President of The Selas Company of America), elected a director December 15, 1962, and now serving upon the Board.
Mr. Malcolm A. Buckey (President of Merchants Warehouse Company), elected a director December 15, 1962, and now serving upon the Board.
Mr. Frank J. Mitchell, who has served as accountant and auditor since organization, with rare fidelity and ability, was elected treasurer of both companies in December, 1961, and served as a member of the Board of Directors from November, 1961, to December 15, 1962, and is still in performance of his duties.