Declaration of Principles and Definitions Adopted by the National Spiritualist Association.
2. We believe that the phenomena of nature, both physical and spiritual, are the expression of Infinite Intelligence.
3. We affirm that a correct understanding of such expression and living in accordance therewith, constitutes true religion.
4. We affirm that the existence and personal identity of the individual continue after the change called death.
5. We affirm, that communication with the so-called dead is a fact, scientifically proven by the phenomena of Spiritualism.
6. We believe that the highest morality is contained in the Golden Rule: "Whatsoever ye would that others should do unto you, de ye also unto them."
7. We affirm the moral responsibility of the individual, and that he makes his own happiness or unhappiness as he obeys or disobeys Nature's physical and spiritual laws.
8. We affirm that the doorway to reformation is never closed against any human soul here or hereafter.
2. A Spiritualist is one who believes, as a part of his or her religion, in the communication between this, and the spirit world by means of mediumship, and who endeavors to mould his or her character and conduct in accordance with the highest teachings derived from such communion.
3. A Medium is one whose organism is sensitive to vibrations from the spirit world, and through whose instrumentality, intelligences in that world are able to convey messages and produce the phenomena of Spiritualism.
4. A Spiritualist Healer is one who either, through his inherent powers or through his mediumship, is able to impart vital, curative force to pathologic conditions.
This wiki article is locked. If you have additional information (or a correction) that you would like to share, please send us a note.